- Nuclear Industry uses CORE and ETHOS to avoid Evacuation of Radiation Victims
- Solidarity at the Coquihalla Summit about Trans Mountain Pipeline
- Synthetic oil leak shuts down Enbridge pipeline in northern Alberta
- Trans Mountain pipeline could change course
- Kinder Morgan mum on route of Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
China will have to be dealt with by the entire planet. Tibet a great start. Free Tibet
The Indian Express
Anubhuti Vishnoi : New Delhi, Tue Dec 11 2012, 00:34 hrs
The Buddhist chanting of Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, has enchanted its way into UNESCO’s 2012 List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
The chanting — orchestrated musical recitation of sacred Buddhist texts by lamas for the spiritual and moral well-being of their people —shares the list with 27 cultural traditions from across the world that include Spanish fiesta of the patios in Cordova, Hungarian folk art of Matyo, weaving of Ecuadorian Toquilla straw hat, Azerbaijani performance art of the Stringed Tar, and Japanese religious performance art of Nachi No Dengaku.
These traditions, UNESCO said, are intangible “heritage practices and expressions that help demonstrate the diversity of this heritage and raise awareness about its importance”. As for the chanting — nominated for the list by the Central Institute of Buddhist Studies, Indira Gandhi National Centre for…
View original post 139 more words